Princess Cruises partnered with Wakefield Research to survey 1,000 U.S. adults to find out their ideal Valentine’s Day gifts and activities.
Of those surveyed, a vacation (26%) was twice as popular as receiving flowers (13%), jewelry (11%), chocolate (10%) or other gifts. When asked what their ultimate romantic vacation would be, the majority of respondents’ (55%) chose a cruise to the Caribbean. Another interesting result: nearly half (43%) of women surveyed would give up sex over chocolate for a week, while only 24% of men would do the same.
As one of the world’s most well-known cruise lines, Princess Cruises’ ships will sail to romantic destinations around the globe this Valentine’s Day, including respondents’ favorite location, the Caribbean. In celebration of the holiday, romantic options available include:
- Private balcony breakfasts and dinners, featuring freshly made fare daily
- A private cabana to relax and reconnect in the adults-only Sanctuary
- A couple’s massage in a private ocean view treatment room with whirlpool at the Lotus Spa
- And wine and chocolate pairings as part of the Chocolate Journeys program, created by reknowned chocolatier, Norman Love
- A romantic night out watching “Movies Under the Stars” on the top deck
Princess celebrity ambassador Gavin MacLeod, who played Captain Merrill Stubing on The Love Boat isn’t surprised that respondents selected a Caribbean cruise as their ultimate romantic getaway. “It’s always been a favorite destination of guests and the celebrities who came aboard for the show. But, there is nothing more romantic than a Princess cruise – no matter where you sail!”
For romantics looking for a special gift for Valentine’s Day, Princess Cruises’ gift cards are an ideal option. The gift cards may be purchased in several standard denominations ($50, $100, $250, $500, $1,000 and $2,000), or any amount above a minimum value of $25 up to a maximum value of $2,000 per card. Buyers can choose from more than 50 digital card designs including destination and holiday themes and can personalize them with an audio message or photo. Princess Cruises gift cards do not expire, do not lose value, and can be purchased by U.S. residents and be shipped anywhere in the U.S. To purchase a Princess Cruises gift card, visit www.princess.com/giftcard.
Additionally, Princess Cruises now allows friends and family to purchase gifts online for loved ones onboard. Whether it’s a bottle of Champagne waiting in their room, a candlelight dinner for two in one of the specialty restaurants, or a relaxing spa treatment, these surprise gifts will ensure a romantic celebration. For more information about Princess online gifting, visit www.princess.com/gifts
Additional survey findings included:
- The celebrity couple that most respondents would want to double date with is former President Barack Obama and former first lady Michelle Obama (30%), followed closely by “The Voice” judges and music powerhouse couple Blake Shelton and his girlfriend, singer Gwen Stefani (23%)
- The majority of those surveyed (51%) would opt to renew their vows between 10 and 25 years of marriage
Additional information about Princess Cruises is available through a professional travel agent, by calling 1-800-PRINCESS or by visiting the company's website at www.princess.com