Meeting Professionals International (MPI) announced the slate of candidates for its 2013-2014 International Board of Directors on March 1, 2013.
“Volunteer leaders serving on the international board of directors possess passion and an essential set of skills necessary to lead the organization. The new slate of candidates are inspired leaders within their own organizations. They join a group of dedicated and knowledgeable board members ready to drive and deliver extraordinary value to our members” said Sebastien Tondeur, chair of the MPI governance and nominating committee and CEO of MCI Group Holding SA.
Pending membership approval, Board and Executive Committee member selections are effective July 1, 2013 for FY 2013-2014.
The Slate of Officers for the Executive Committee includes:
• Chairman Elect: Kevin Kirby, Head of Global Marketing and Sales - Cafes, Hard Rock International, Orlando, FL, USA
• Vice Chairwoman of Finance: Erin Tench, CMP, CMM, Associate Director of Special Events, The Pennsylvania State University, University Park, PA, USA
• Vice Chairman: Roel Frissen, CMM, Owner, Parthen Meeting Services and Founder, Center for Business Model Innovation, Amstelveen, Netherlands
• Vice Chairwoman: Allison Kinsley, CMP, CMM, Chief Meeting Architect, Kinsley Meetings, Littleton, CO, USA
Nominees for the Board of Directors (Three -year terms) include:
• Amanda Armstrong, CMP, Corporate Travel and Meetings Manager, Enterprise Holdings, Inc., St. Louis, MO, USA
• Gerrit Jessen, CMP, CMM, Director Corporate Division, MCI Deutschland GmbH, Berlin, Germany
• Audra Narikawa, CMP, Vice President, Senior Manager, Travel and Meetings, Capital Group, Los Angeles, CA, USA
• Darren Temple, CTA, Senior Vice President of Sales and Services, Dallas Convention & Visitors Bureau, Dallas, TX, USA
Nominees for the Board of Directors (One-year terms):
• Angie Duncan, CMP, CMM, Indianapolis, IN, USA (to fill unexpired portion of Allison Kinsley’s Board term)
• Marti Winer, Vice President, Communications and Event Services, Wyndham Hotel Group, Parsippany, NJ, USA (to fill unexpired portion of Roel Frissen’s Board term)
This new slate of candidates will join returning Executive Committee and Board members for the 2013-2014 year:• Chairman Michael Dominguez, Senior Vice President of Sales, MGM Resorts International, Las Vegas, NV, USA
• Immediate Past Chairman Kevin Hinton, Executive Vice President, Associated Luxury Hotels International, Chicago, IL, USA
• Krzysztof Celuch, CMM, CITE, Vice-Dean, Vistula University and Manager, Poland Convention Bureau PTO, Warsaw, Poland
• Jordan Clark, Vice President of Sales, Caesars Entertainment, Las Vegas, NV, USA
• Hattie Hill, CMM, CEO, Hattie Hill Enterprises, Inc., Dallas, TX, USA
• Cornelia Horner, CMP, Vice President, American Land Title Association, Washington, DC, USA
• Fiona Pelham, Managing Director, Sustainable Events Ltd, Manchester, United Kingdom
• Alisa Peters, CMP, CMM, National Account Manager, Experient Inc., Chicago, IL, USA