Prague Convention Bureau awarded congress ambassadors during the Ambassador Awards Evening for the sixth time in a row. The sixth year of the Ambassador Awards Evening was held in Prague´s Žofín Palace on Wednesday 13 May 2015.
The Prague Convention Bureau congress ambassadors who, aside from representing the Czech Republic in international professional associations, had successfully promoted Prague as a suitable venue for international congresses and, in view of this, had greatly facilitated the development of the convention industry in Prague last year.
The following ambassadors were awarded during the evening:
- In the category of Corporate Event of the Year 2014: Mary Kay.
- In the category of Congress of the Year 2014 (up to 500 participants): Štěpán Holub for the 52nd Annual Congress of the International Association of Young Lawyers.
- The Award of the Prague Congress Centre went to Professor Vladimír Beneš, M.D. for the 15th Congress of the European Association of Neurosurgical Societies.
- In the category of Candidacy of the Year 2014 (this award is made for nominating a successful candidate for the venue of a congress to be held in the following years): Bohumil Seifert, M.D., Ph.D. for the European Conference of the World Organization of National Colleges, Academies and Academic Associations of General Practitioners/Family Physicians (WONCA) to be organized in Prague in 2017.
- In the category of Congress of the Year 2014: Karolína Gondková for the 26th Congress of the European Association for International Education.
- The Award for the Contribution to Congress Industry was presented to Professor Jan Starý, M.D., Head, Department of Paediatric Haematology and Oncology, 2nd Faculty of Medicine, Charles University and University Hospital Motol, and Professor Julius Špičák, M.D., Head, Department of Hepatogastroenterology, Institute for Clinical and Experimental Medicine, Prague.