The 10th edition of the Minister Summit will be held on 9 November under the title ‘Tourism and Security: Promoting Safe and Seamless Travel,’ will address the major safety and security challenges that the sector faces, ways of cooperation and effective crisis preparedness and management.
Minister of Tourism from over 50 countries and leaders from the private sector companies and associations will convene at the Ministers Summit organized by the World Tourism Organization (UNWTO) and the World Travel Market in London.
As stated by UNWTO Secretary-General Taleb Rifai, “safety and security are key pillars of tourism development and we need to strengthen our common action to build a safe, secure and seamless travel framework. I trust this Summit will help us move forward on this important common challenge as we work to ensure that safety and security can go hand in hand with promoting a seamless travel experience.”
World Travel Market London Senior Director, Simon Press, said: “Safe and Seamless travel is the key topic for all those involved in global travel and tourism. All the speakers at this year’s summit have direct experience of the impact of terrorism and the fight to keep nations, citizens and tourists safe. I look forward to a thought-provoking and productive discussion”.
The Summit is chaired by CNN International’s Becky Anderson. Confirmed speakers include:
- Mr. Mark Tanzer, Chief Executive, ABTA
- Ms. Nina Brooks, Head, Security, Airports Council International (ACI) World
- H.E. Mr. Obediah Wilchcombe, Minister of Tourism of the Bahamas, Chairman of the Caribbean Tourism Organization (CTO)
- H.E. Ms. Beatrice Maille, Director General, Consular Policy Bureau , Global Affairs Canada, Canada
- H.E. Mr. Mohamed Yehia Rashed, Minister of Tourism, Egypt
- Mr. Vijay Poonoosamy, Vice President International Affairs, Office of the President & CEO, Etihad Airways
- Mr. Paul Steele, Senior Vice President Member and External Relations, Corporate Secretary, International Air Transport Association (IATA)
- H.E. Mr. Vinod Zutshi, Secretary, Ministry of Tourism, Government of India, India
- Mr. Ryoichi Matsuyama, President, Japan National Tourism Organization (JNTO)
- H.E. Mr. Edward Zammit Lewis, Minister of Tourism, Malta
- Mr. Fritz Joussen, Chief Executive Officer , TUI
- H.E. Mrs. Selma Elloumi Rekik, Minister of Tourism and Handicrafts, Tunisia
- H.E. Mr. Nabi Avci, Minister of Culture and Tourism, Turkey
- Mr. Aldo Lale-Demoz, Deputy Executive Director and Director of the Division for Operations, UN Office on Drugs and Crime (UNODC)
- H.E. Ms. Isabel Hill, Director, National Travel and Tourism Office, United States Department of Commerce
- Mr. David Scowsill, President and CEO, World Travel & Tourism Council (WTTC)
Moderator: Becky Anderson, CNN International