The Turkish Coalition of America (TCA) is accepting applications for the 4th Annual Turkish American Youth Leadership Congress. Held every year in Washington, DC, this year’s Youth Congress will be held October 26-29, 2017.
Students and young professionals of Turkish American heritage are encouraged to apply.
The Youth Leadership Congress is open to undergraduate/graduate students and recent graduates of Turkish American heritage who wish to become active in American civic and political life, contribute to U.S.-Turkey relations and the Turkish American community, and who are committed to advancing the TCA mission.
TCA will select up to 25 young Turkish Americans to participate in this exclusive, all-expenses-paid forum. Participants will have the opportunity to:
- Expand their knowledge of U.S.-Turkey relations and the political systems of both countries
- Meet members of Congress, diplomats and policy experts
- Increase their awareness of Turkish historical heritage in the United States and issues of importance to Turkish Americans
- Learn about effective advocacy in the American political system
- Develop leadership skills
- Become more active members of the Turkish American community
- Establish networks with peers from across the United States
The Youth Congress will include discussions with U.S. congressional staff, American and Turkish diplomats and scholars, and representatives of Turkish American community organizations. There will also be several opportunities to network with leaders in U.S.-Turkish relations and with other young Turkish Americans. Finally, the program will feature events highlighting the cultural and national landmarks of Washington, DC.
TCA will provide assistance for transportation and/or lodging to individuals selected to attend the Congress.
The deadline to apply for the TCA Turkish American Youth Leadership Congress is Monday, September 11, 2017. For more information on eligibility and to apply, please visit here.