Sponsored by Derimod, the Zorlu Performing Arts Center (PSM) is preparing to host Istanbul's 3rd Fashion Film Festival with its unique content, great surprises and amazing names, bringing fashion and film worlds together.
Two days of free events and screenings full of festival promises to bring a unique experience to the audience with interviews, art installations and parties. Aside from screening films from internationally renowned fashion houses, brands and young and independent designers from every corners of the world, festival programme also comprises talks and workshops given by world-class brand representatives.
Free festival is sponsored by Derimod, kindly supported and host by Zorlu Performing Arts Center (PSM) and organized by founder and director of the festival Tuna Yilmaz. Derimod Fashion Talks will begin with Derimod Vice Chairman of the Board of Directors Sedef Orman and Ece Sukan on 11th of November.
6 films will be awarded
Istanbul Fashion Film Fest will award films in 6 different categories this year. The international jury with members with expert names from different disciplines of fashion, photography, film, design and festivals will determine the awards for Best Fashion Film, Best Turkish Fashion Film, Best Music Video, Best Make Up and Best Hair Design In addition, one of the directors of the films submitted by new talents will be rewarded for Young Discovery Award to support their next project to be shot in Istanbul.
Content and partnership agreements made for the 3rd Istanbul Fashion Film Fest will allow Turkish fashion films to compete in international fashion film festivals and fashion weeks around the world including; Serbia, Russia, Milan, Medellin, Berlin, Canada and Australia, where the screening of Turkish films will contribute to the global promotion of Turkish fashion brands. 120 films will be screened this year. Some of the highlights of the festival include; Print is Not Dead! International Magazine Films Selection, Can Evgin retrospective, Harun Guler special selection and masterclasses with Bruno Aveillan and Dion Lee on "Brand Management and Future of Fashion".
A few films from the programme are as follows;
- Bally SS17, Bally Alban Coret
- Blue, Etro, Francesco Torricella
- City Blossom, Longchamp, Victor Claramunt
- Crush, Prada, Veronica Mazziotta
- Dog Days, Missoni, Femke Huurdeman
- First Memory Pawnshop, Chanel Yuen Hsieh
- How to Get Rid of a Ghost, Giorgio Armani, Emir Eralp
- In Conversation, Elie Saab, Elissa Sednaoui Dellal
- Moncler SS17, Moncler Alan Masferrer
- Ode to a Happening on Earth, Rick Owens, Laetitia Negre
- Onomatopoeia, Miu Miu, Marco Adamo Graziosi & Maria Host-Ivessich
- Pieces of History, Dolce & Gabbana, Pepe Russo
- Rosso Valentino, Valentino, Mattia Benetti & Valentina Bertani
- Sinfonia Digitale, Gucci, Luca de Salvia
- Timeless Beauty, Guess, Bruno Miotto
Tuna Yilmaz, founder and creative director of the festival said: "Istanbul is taking great steps towards succeeding to reach leading position in every field of global industry, including fashion sector. I’d like to underline the difference of the festival which is far from ordinary fashion events. Festival is a sophisticated and global event with the aim to contribute the city’s wider vision as well as supporting the films and filmmakers.”