For more than 25 years, Dr. Stephen Leatherman ("Dr. Beach") has reviewed, evaluated and rated beaches and coastal areas throughout the world. Dr. Beach issued his annual Top 10 U.S. beaches for 2015 on the basis of 50 criteria, including water and sand quality.
Waimanalo Bay Beach Park, located in the northeastern corner of Oahu, Hawaii, is the number one beach in the 25th annual Top 10 Beach List. Waimanalo Bay is Oahu’s longest beach--extending for more than five miles; it is a great for walking and beachcombing in the soft white sand. The wind is always blowing onshore because of the Trade Winds, making it safe for sail boats. This sandy coral beach slopes gently into the turquoise oceanic waters.
TOP 10 BEACHES 2015
1. Waimanalo Bay Beach Park, Oahu, Hawaii
2. Barefoot Beach, Bonita Springs, Florida
3. St. George Island State Park, Florida panhandle
4. Hamoa Beach, Maui, Hawaii
5. Cape Hatteras, Outer Banks of North Carolina
6. Cape Florida State Park, Key Biscayne, Florida
7. Coast Guard Beach, Cape Cod, Massachusetts
8. Beachwalker Park, Kiawah Island, South Carolina
9. Delnor-Wiggins Pass State Park, Naples, Florida
10. East Beach, Santa Barbara, California