- Özgür Töre
The Covid-19 infection has been touching almost every person on the planet and resulting differently depending on the age and further complications that can lead to death.
The number of infected and dead people from this virus is scary daily, but people should keep calm and simple precautions to save their lives. Many of them were ill and recovered successfully.
Athletes and sports players are also at risk of catching the virus. They especially need to be careful when participating in sports events when it comes to indoor games. But it happens that even athletes can be infected and go through an appropriate treatment to get better. And at this stage, they often ask themselves how to return to sports safely after being infected with Covid-19. After the illness, the immune system is very weak, so he needs to stay home for a while more and allow his body to get stronger. Of course, he can do some physical exercises at home to keep fit but without heavy loads. Another way to keep the sporty spirit and satisfy his eagerness for his lovely sports is to sign up for Parimatch, watch his sports matches, and back them through the best sportsbook with available options.
Recommendations for a Safe Return to Sports
Athletes, for sure, will desire to return to sports as soon as possible as nothing has happened. But in terms of Covid-19, there are some rules and recommendations for each sports participant to meet and complete. Such action will prevent the spread of the virus and keep the surrounding healthy. Athletes, coaches, staff, and others involved in any competition are considered sports participants.
Accordingly, there are crucial rules to follow in order to stay safe when conducting sports competitions after Covid-19:
- the first and vital rule to every participant is to wear a mask or face protection;
- they should wear the mask when not participating and, consequently, take it off when engaging in the game;
- before and after training or contest, participants should thoroughly wash their hands with soap and water (during 20 seconds at least) or use a hand sanitizer;
- they need to clean and wipe down equipment they use before and after the training or competition;
- they mustn’t share any water bottles, equipment, towels, clothes, etc.;
- no handshakes, huddles, or kisses with the team;
- during the training, competitions, and break times, they need to keep their distance between teammates, coaches, and other players;
- the question of attending showers and locker rooms should be solved in terms of distancing too.
By keeping these simple recommendations, the participants can go on doing their work safely for themselves as well as for their colleagues. If one of them feels strange or wrong, it is better to isolate him for some days and watch over him if he gets the symptoms of Covid-19. Such a precaution will only protect the team and coaches and help them conduct the training and competitions.
Returning to sports after being infected may seem not so easy as the body can behave differently and unusual in some ways. So, the sports participant shouldn’t start with an intense workout to get back his shape. He should do it gradually by adding loads step by step. Thus, he will get fit without any complications and take place in the team’s top players.