The SIX Essential Tips for a Successful Mobile Strategy for Hotels
- Have a Mobile Website A mobile website is no longer a luxury, it's a necessity! • In the past 12 months, hotels have witnessed an average of 46% mobile traffic growth • 1 in 3 visits are from a mobile device
- Create Mobile Specific Rateplans Mobile Bookings are poised to grow exponentially over the next few years and with this comes a need to have mobile specific rateplans. • It is predicted that by 2015, 20% off all hotel bookings will be made via mobile devices.*
- Upload Quality Images Imagey Sells! Upload a selection of your high quality images to your mobile website. • Image Galleries receive the 2nd highest interaction on a mobile device.*
- Develop a Mobile Marketing strategy With exponential growth in mobile traffic and bookings, consider having a mobile marketing strategy to be found via paid and organic search results. • Google Search Mobile queries grew by 46% in 2013, with 43% of all hotel search queries now made via a mobile device.*
- Hold availability for last minute mobile bookings Mobile bookings lead time is getting shorter; to grow your mobile revenue, try holding some last room availability where possible. • Currently 31% of Mobile Hotel bookings are made for a stay within a 72hr period.*
- Go Social with Mobile 2015 is the year to leverage Social media via mobile, Ensure you are encouraging social media interaction via your mobile website. • Mobile Monthly Active Users on Facebook increased by over 45% YOY to 874m.