Regional results were as follows:
• Europe, 1.5 million travelers, up three percent
• Caribbean, 676,000 travelers, up nearly one percent
• Asia, 394,000 travelers, down three percent
• Central America, 279,000 travelers, up six percent
• South America, 172,000 travelers, up one percent
• Middle East, 168,000 travelers, up two percent
• Oceania, 46,000 travelers, flat
• Africa, 39,000 travelers, down almost six percent
U.S. travel to other North American totaled 3.2 million and was up two percent compared to June 2012. Travel to Canada and Mexico for the year (14.9 million) was flat.
• Mexico, 1.7 million travelers, up four percent; however, air travel (619,000) was up ten percent
• Canada, 1.5 million travelers, down one percent; air travel (456,000) was up five percent
June 2013 YTD Market Share
U.S. travel to overseas locations accounted for 49 percent of U.S. outbound international travel.
• Europe, an 18 percent share;
• Caribbean, a 12 percent share;
• Asia, a seven percent share;
• Central America, a five percent share;
• South America, a three percent share;
• Middle East, a three percent share;
• Oceania, a one percent share, and
• Africa, a one percent share
Other North American markets received 51 percent of all U.S. international outbound travel.
• U.S. travel to Mexico a 34 percent share; and
• Canada a 17 percent share.