National Travel and Tourism Office (NTTO) of U.S. Department of Commerce announced that U.S. Citizen International Travel up 11 Percent in February 2016.
U.S. citizen outbound totaled 10.5 million travelers for first two months.
February 2016/2015 YTD Comparisons
U.S. travel to overseas markets (1) totaled 4.5 million, up nine percent
Regional results were:
- Europe, 1.16 million travelers, up seven percent
- Caribbean, 1.23 million travelers, up five percent
- Asia, 786,000 travelers, up 10 percent
- Central America, 519,000 travelers, up 14 percent
- Middle East, 331,000 travelers, up 11 percent
- South America, 314,000 travelers, up 19 percent
- Oceania, 131,000 travelers, up eight percent
- Africa, 49,000 travelers, up nine percent
U.S. travel to North American markets totaled 6.0 million, up 11 percent.
- Mexico, 4.9 million travelers, up 10 percent; air travel (1.46 million) was up 15 percent. (‘Tourist’ long haul travel was up 16 percent in February, Border 1+ nights travel was up three percent for the month).
- Canada, 1.14 million travelers, up 16 percent; air travel (420,000) up 19 percent
February 2016 YTD Market Share
U.S. travel to overseas locations accounted for 43 percent of U.S. outbound international travel.
- Caribbean, a 12 percent share
- Europe, a 11 percent share;
- Asia, an eight percent share;
- Central America, a five percent share;
- South America, a three percent share;
- Middle East, a three percent share;
- Oceania, a one percent share, and
- Africa, almost a one percent share
North American markets received 57 percent of all U.S. international outbound travel.
- U.S. travel to Mexico, 46 percent share; and
- Canada, 11 percent share.
For detailed information and data tables please visit: