Uber, on its first anniversary in Istanbul, launches UberBOAT thanks to a partnership with the leading luxury sea transport company Navette. Columnist, presenter and wellness trainer Ece Vahapoğlu and columnist and writer Onur Baştürk were the first ones to try UberBOAT service in Istanbul.
With the tap of a button they were able to request an UberBOAT and ride to their destination enjoying a great view of the Bosphorus without any traffic.
HOW DOES IT WORK
- When you’re by the seaside you can see UberBOAT option on the vehicle menu.
- If there’s any empty boat nearby, set your pick up location and request UberBOAT.
- The captain will call you to confirm your ride and a speed boat will embark shortly.
- New to Uber? Sign up here with promo code UBERTEKNE and get 30 TL off your first ride.
The company serves with speed boats that have passenger capacity of 6 to 8 people. UberBOAT fares are based on distance (sea mile) and time and will be automatically charged on your credit card at the end of a trip.
UberBOAT trips are not restricted to be in the Bosphorus only. You can also prefer to ride with UberBOAT for a faster airport transfer (e.g. Kabataş – Ataköy: 415 – 435 TL) or a weekend get away in the Princess Islands (e.g. Bostancı – Büyükada: 275 – 285 TL).
* As always you can fare split your UberBOAT rides with your friends.