With the summer travel season shaping up to be a hot one and roughly 1 in 4 consumers more interested in travel credit cards now than before Covid-19.
According to a new WalletHub survey, the personal finance website announced its picks for 2021’s Best Credit Cards for Summer Travel, highlighting deals worth $800+ in airfare, hotel reservations, and more.
The best travel credit cards help cardholders earn free flights, hotel stays and other travel accommodations with every purchase made. Known for big initial bonuses and rich ongoing rewards, the best travel rewards credit cards can easily save the average person more than $1,000 over the first two years of use.
Key Highlights from the survey:
- People Have Missed Travel Perks. More than a third of consumers missed being able to use travel credit card perks during the pandemic.
- Travelers Open to Paying With Rewards. 49% of people would use credit card rewards to pay for at least part of a vacation, up by 9% from before the pandemic.
- New Travel Concerns for 2021. Travelers are most concerned about weather and Covid this year, a change from money and terrorism pre-pandemic.
- Off-base Priorities for Some Travelers. 15% of people would skip a credit card payment over a vacation.
- Travel and Debt Are a Bad Mix. 28% of people say travel usually gets them into debt.
- Best Travel Credit Card of 2021. Capital One® Venture® Rewards Credit Card is the best credit card for summer travel because it offers an initial bonus worth at least $500 in travel, double miles on all purchases and a reasonable annual fee.
Best Travel Credit Cards of 2021
Bonus Rewards: Citi Premier® Card
Excellent Credit: U.S. Bank Altitude Reserve Visa Infinite® Card
Sign-up Bonus: Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
Travel Benefits: Chase Sapphire Reserve®
Airline Rewards: JetBlue Plus Card
No Annual Fee: Chase Freedom Unlimited®
Bad Credit: Bank of America® Customized Cash Rewards Secured Credit Card
For more details about the 2021’s Best Credit Cards for Summer Travel, visit https://wallethub.com/best-travel-credit-cards