The past year has been a challenge for every country worldwide with the lockdowns and quarantine restrictions. However, 2021 has been a promising year of hope with the vaccines distributed globally.
More and more countries have opened their doors to tourists and are quickly recovering.
If you’re thinking of traveling to places this 2021, you need to book it weeks or months ahead to prepare for permits and other requirements of the country you want to visit. There are still health and safety protocols you need to follow to ensure a COVID-free trip.
Here are six destinations you can visit.
1. Costa Rica
Costa Rica is known for its forests, wildlife reserves, and beaches if you’re up for an adventure. Here are some of the best places to visit in the country:
- Nicoya Peninsula – Get your bathing suits ready with the beach-centric town. You can catch breathtaking sunset views, a variety of fishes, and clear and turquoise waters.
- Arenal Volcano – One of the world’s active volcanoes that’s 5,000ft in height. There’s a viewing area where you can take a look at the majestic volcano. You can also hike along the park trails. Opt for a guided tour to avoid getting lost.
- Guanacaste – Get to see beaches, savannas, forests, volcanoes, and more. It’s all you could ever ask for in a destination, to see so many views in one location.
Before you can travel to these places, you need to know some of the travel requirements in the country.
2. The British Virgin Islands
The British Virgin Islands is always on the list of cruises and sails with all the islands and diving spots it has to offer. Here are some of the famous places you’ll come across when you decide to travel to this southern land:
- The Baths (Virgin Gorda) – One of the most pristine beaches you can go to. Get climbing on the gray boulders from the sea’s crystalline water.
- Cane Garden Bay (Tortola) – Spend the day swimming in turquoise and clear water, riding boats, or snorkeling and discovering the wonders of the sea. You can also enjoy happy hours with live music when the sunsets.
- Anegada Island – Get to see flamingos on the island! You can enjoy diving and snorkeling too. You’ll love this relaxing place since it’s a secluded area.
Be cautious of the restrictions on entry points, vaccinations, and testing.
In Northern Norway, between late September and late March, you can often see the northern lights frequently soar across the sky. Some people may want to Norway for the partial lunar eclipse visible in Oslo on November 19. Besides, you can enjoy the place with other activities, such as trailing, crossovers, and exploring terrains on a snowmobile track tour.
4. New Zealand
New Zealand has breathtaking views, welcoming people, and many activities you can enjoy. Here are some of the places you can go to in the country:
- Auckland – Your first stop when you arrive in New Zealand. It’s the largest city where you can visit museums, stroll parks, and enjoy bars. You can also enjoy climbing, bungee jumping, and cup sailing if you’re up for an adventure!
- Bay of Islands – Go fishing, sailing, and try different watersports with 144 islands you can explore.
- Milford Sound – One of the eight wonders of the world. Get an astonishing view of the glaciers, cliffs, mountains, and waterfalls.
New Zealand is one of the countries with few COVID cases. However, there are still strict rules to follow if you want to travel in the country.
Mexico’s a country rich in culture and history. You can explore its historical landmarks and its coast. Mexico’s beauty is like no other, and here are some of the places you can visit:
- Cancún and the Mayan Riviera – Get to enjoy wide beaches with crystal clear waters! You can also watch dolphins and stingrays swim with the world’s largest underwater museum.
- Puerto Vallarta – Stroll along the best beaches in Mexico or have fun with paragliding and jet skiing.
- Cabo San Lucas and the Los Cabos Corridor – You won’t only enjoy the beaches and watersports activities, but also the food that tastes great and is budget-friendly.
Mexico’s one of the first countries to open its borders to the world with reasonable travel restrictions.
6. The Maldives
The Maldives is on everyone’s bucket list. You’ll get to know the place more with the following locations:
- Male – Get a taste of the culture in the Maldives with all the small markets you can see at its center. You can rent and ride scooters to get to this destination.
- Hulhumale Island – A man-made island where you can see the astounding Indian ocean surrounding the place.
- Maafushi – This island is popular because of its budget and affordability. Get to swim all day long and explore local businesses.
One way to relax with all the stress the pandemic has brought is through Maldives’ quiet and peaceful beach.
Every traveler’s desire to explore is now ignited again. With the continuous vaccine and technological advances, tourism is now possible. For now, it’s best to travel to these destinations that have opened their borders for you.