Do you want a great place to stay in Las Vegas? Well, you are in luck, there are, obviously, plenty of locations to choose from, ranging from sleek casinos and nightclubs to family-friendly entertainment centers. Today we will look at The Cromwell Hotel Las Vegas.
The Cromwell Penthouse, one of the Caesars properties in Las Vegas, was in the top 3 in 2022 but didn’t make it in 2023. It’s still quite an excellent place to book your stay.
Brief History of The Cromwell Hotel Las Vegas
The Cromwell Hotel in Las Vegas has a long and illustrious history going back to the 1950s. It was a motel at first, changing several owners and names, before becoming more recognizable in 1979. When it first opened as the Barbary Coast Hotel and Casino, it was a popular hangout for entertainment seekers and gamblers. Over the years, the building saw many ownership changes and renovations until it became Bill’s Gamblin’ Hall and Saloon in the early 2000s.
The hotel had a major makeover and rebranding in 2013, becoming The Cromwell. It developed into a chic and affluent destination on the Las Vegas Strip with a lively casino and rooftop beach club thanks to its boutique-style architecture. Since then, The Cromwell has gained recognition for its romantic atmosphere, and opulent lodgings, all of which contribute to a unique and unforgettable Las Vegas experience.
Pros and Cons of Staying at The Cromwell Hotel Las Vegas
Let’s now look at some pros and cons of booking a stay at this establishment.
- Located in the center of the gambling district of Las Vegas, on The Strip;
- Modern, sleek rooms and suites with vintage accents; many have views of the Strip;
- Large Drai’s Beachclub nightclub including indoor and outdoor seats and many pools;
- Sports betting and a casino with an exclusive VIP slot room;
- Eatwell offers fast meals and snacks around the clock;
- Giada offers a vast wine selection and exquisite Italian cuisine;
- High-end cardio and weight-training equipment is available at a local fitness facility;
- Order room service and communicate with personnel via a mobile concierge app;
- Wi-Fi is free all around.
- You have to pay to enter the nightclub, daily resort costs are also pricy;
- There is a parking fee;
- There are no coffee machines in rooms, and refrigerators are extra (although free in suites);
- Lack of business amenities and kid-friendly entertainment/pools (a plus for some);
The four-pearl boutique hotel The Cromwell, which has its own casino and retro-style décor, is located right in the center of the Las Vegas Strip. All 188 of the rooms and suites feature tasteful design, however, most are devoid of coffee machines. Many of the accommodations offer views over The Strip.
Among the leisure-oriented amenities is Drai’s Beachclub Nightclub, an indoor/outdoor club with extended hours and many pools; however, entry is limited to those aged 21 and above, and you have to pay to enter. There are also a few eateries, including a classy Italian restaurant designed by famous chef Giada De Laurentiis and a 24-hour snack bar. Overall, it’s a terrific venue for younger partygoers, but families would be better served going to the much bigger MGM Grand Hotel & Casino, which is kid-friendly.
Discover more about the new and upcoming hotels in Las Vegas