las vegas fire at Cosmopolitan

Two Injured after fire at Cosmopolitan Hotel on Las Vegas Strip

A fire on the pool deck of Cosmopolitan, a luxury hotel and casino in Las Vegas, in the US state of Nevada, injured two people on Saturday, the local fire department deputy chief said. One person was taken to the hospital for smoke inhalation and another was treated by medical personnel at the scene and released, Clark County Fire Department spokesman Greg Cassell said at a press conference shortly after the fire was put out.

las vegas fire at CosmopolitanThe 14th floor blaze started about 12:15 p.m. and burned through cabanas, trees and furniture surrounding the rooftop Bamboo Pool, where the fire started. Cassell likened the artificial landscaping to “liquid gasoline.”

The fire was extinguished about 30 minutes after it started. More than 110 firefighters were called to the scene at 3708 Las Vegas Blvd. South.

Spokesman Brad Seidel about 4 p.m. that the resort had returned to full operation, except for the pool and the 14th and 15th floors.

Newsletter subscription

Scroll to Top