American Airlines is enhancing its lounge experience, reopening additional clubs and offering a limited-time discount to its exclusive Five Star Service for families traveling together this holiday season.
Five Star Service
The holidays are stressful enough. This season, American will make its Five Star Service available for purchase to all customers, no matter the cabin they are traveling in, at a discounted rate of 50% for families or groups of three or more. This limited-time promotion is only available for travel Nov. 20, 2020 through Jan. 10, 2021, at the following locations:
- Austin Bergstrom International Airport (AUS)
- Boston Logan International Airport (BOS)
- Charlotte Douglas International Airport (CLT)
- Chicago O’Hare International Airport (ORD)
- Dallas Fort Worth International Airport (DFW)
- Los Angeles International Airport (LAX)
- Miami International Airport (MIA)
- John F. Kennedy International Airport (JFK)
- LaGuardia Airport (LGA)
- Philadelphia International Airport (PHL)
- Phoenix Sky Harbor Airport (PHX)
- San Francisco International Airport (SFO)
- Ronald Reagan Washington National Airport (DCA)
American’s Five Star Service is a personalized airport experience that takes the worry out of travel. A representative will guide customers every step of the way, with benefits that include:
- Flagship® First Check-In.
- Access into the Admirals Club® lounge.
- Escort to the departure gate.
- Boarding on-demand and priority re-accommodation.
- Escort to luggage retrieval.
- Curbside greeting.
AAdvantage members® can use miles to book Five Star Service at the discounted rate. To book, customers can call Five Star Service at 877-578-2702 and use code Holidays50 ahead of their departure date.
Admirals Club lounges are ready when you are
Starting Nov. 17, Admirals Club lounges will reopen at John Wayne Airport (SNA), Raleigh-Durham International Airport (RDU) and Tampa International Airport (TPA). With the three new lounges, American has reopened 24 lounges across 20 U.S. cities with food and drink service modified in ways that protect the well-being of American’s team members as well as customers as they get ready to take to the skies for the holidays.
American began reopening lounges in June, with robust enhancements, all part of the airline’s multitiered Clean Commitment in response to the coronavirus (COVID-19).
Admirals Club enhancements help protect well-being of customers and team members.
Sip on wine or bubbles in the club
Starting Nov. 30, American is toasting to the holiday season with premium wines such as Collusion Cabernet Sauvignon and Marine Dubard Le Mont Sauvignon Blanc or Bernard Lonclas Selection champagne available for purchase by the bottle in select cities. For customers looking to explore their palate a bit more, wine flights are available in 2-ounce pours ranging from $11 to $13.
American offers a broad selection of wines so that every wine lover can find something they enjoy when traveling. Admirals Club wine menus are carefully selected by a dedicated team of wine experts and the airline’s partnership with master sommelier Bobby Stuckey.
Wine flights available beginning Nov. 30.
Admirals Club improvements
Health and well-being improvements customers can expect at Admirals Club lounges include:
- A face covering requirement for all customers and team members in the lounge. These can only be briefly removed to eat or drink.
- Menus accessible using QR codes.
- Glass shields at reception and service desks.
- Foot-operated door openers to enable touchless operation of restroom doors (where feasible).
- Purell Hand Sanitizer stations for customers.
- Signage and floor decals to remind customers to practice social distancing.
- Capacity is limited, following guidance by local ordinances.
- Frequent and enhanced cleanings throughout the day.