The Bahrain International Airshow (BIAS) has announced the forum programme for its upcoming sixth edition, taking place on 9 – 11 November 2022.
Organised under the patronage of His Majesty King Hamad bin Isa Al Khalifa, King of the Kingdom of Bahrain, and under the supervision of His Highness Shaikh Abdullah bin Hamad Al-Khalifa, Personal Representative of His Majesty the King and the Chairman of the BIAS’ Supreme Organising Committee, BIAS 2022 is celebrating a decade of distinction with a range of leading features
The sixth instalment of the show will deliver a dynamic thought-leadership platform as part of its three-day calendar of events, networking and business development opportunities and a one-of-a-kind exhibition showcasing the latest aircraft, technologies, and innovation from across the global aerospace industry. The forum portion of the Airshow will take place on days two and three of the event in dedicated theatres in the show’s Exhibition Hall, providing future-focused content and facilitating the exchange of insights and knowledge on the latest trends shaping global aerospace and aviation today.
The show’s forums are designed to specifically serve as a thought exchange platform, where senior aerospace executives from the Gulf region and international companies collaborate to bring issues of mutual interest to the fore. With an extensive presence by civil and military delegations from the Gulf region and beyond, BIAS 2022 offers an ideal opportunity to access the region’s key decision-makers.
This year’s programme is built around four thematic areas covering:
- Airports and Airlines – exploring challenges being faced and the industry’s sustainability.
- Cargo and Logistics – highlighting the industry’s growth potential and looking at opportunities for advancement and the building of resilience across the global supply chain.
- Women in Aerospace – showcasing the growth of senior female executives in the industry and addressing opportunities for diversity in the sector.
- Space – examining global developments, exploring investment opportunities and funding and inspiring the next generations to join this high-growth area of the industry.
Each theme will have a dedicated forum featuring high-level speakers delivering keynote addresses and taking part in panel discussions.
Speakers at BIAS 2022 are a diverse range of renowned aviation leaders and senior representatives from aerospace organisations from Bahrain, the region and across the world, including:
- Amandeep Bhangu, TV reporter & Moderator – Ex BBC
- Adel Alali, CEO, Air Arabia
- H.E Kamil Alawadhi, Regional Vice President Africa & Middle East, IATA
- Captain Waleed Al Alawi, Acting CEO, Gulf Air
- Mr. Omar Arekat, Vice President, Boeing UAE
- David Feldman, Managing Partner, Exambela Consulting
- Mohamed Yousif Al Binfalah, CEO, Bahrain Airport Company
- Stefano Baronci, Director General Asia Pacific, Airports Council International
- Olivier Bruslé, Partner, Advisory – Head of Aerospace & Defense, KPMG Lower Gulf
- Mr. Nicolas Peter, Professor of the Practice in Space Policy and International Affairs, International Space University
- H.E. Dr. Mohamed Ebrahim Al Aseeri, CEO, National Space Science Agency
- H. E. Salem Butti Salem Al Qubaisi, Director General, UAE Space Agency
- H. E. Prof. Sherif Sedky, CEO, Egyptian Space Agency
- Dr. Bassam Alfeeli, Founding Partner and General Manager, Orbital Space
- Dr. Ahmed Alzubairi, Co-Founder, SARsat Arabia
- Dr. Ali Alhammadi, CEO, Farmin
- Mark Stokes, Co-Founder, Magdrive
- Rana Nawas, Partner, Oliver Wyman
- Holly Miles, Editor, International Airport Review
- Heidi Grant, President of Business Development, Boeing
- Ms. Nancy Ziuzin Schlegel, VP for International Government Relations, Lockheed Martin
- Yasmeen Fraidon Mohammed, First Bahraini Pilot, Gulf Air
- Sara Sabt, Director – Risk and Compliance, BAC
- Sue Donoghue, Arab Cluster CEO, (Bahrain, Kuwait, Saudi Arabia), DHL Global Forwarding
Commenting on the forum programme, His Excellency the Minister of Transportation and Telecommunications His Excellency Mohamed bin Thamer AlKaabi, said: “We’re delighted to announce the forum programme for BIAS 2022, which constitutes a very important part of the Airshow. It is one of the major draws of the event and serves as an important platform for facilitating industry cooperation around topics that are paramount to its sustainable growth and advancement. With an impressive group of participants and expert speakers in attendance, we will be exploring important themes and trends from across the industry. We will also be giving attendees an unparalleled opportunity to hear from and engage directly with market leaders on the topics that matter most.”
The 4th Manama Air Power Symposium (MAPS 2022), will also be held at the Sofitel Manama Hotel, Bahrain on 8 November 2022 prior to BIAS 2022, for invited Air Chiefs and military personnel.