MSC Cruises, the world’s third-largest cruise brand, has announced a significant expansion in the United States with Galveston, Texas, set to become its new home port. Starting November 2025, MSC Seascape will operate year-round sailings from this port, marking the cruise line’s fourth U.S. home port and a major step in its ongoing U.S. expansion strategy.
The announcement comes with the opening of sales for MSC Seascape’s seven-night Caribbean itineraries, featuring Sunday embarkations. The inaugural voyage is scheduled for November 9, 2025, promising guests an unforgettable journey to breathtaking destinations like Costa Maya and Cozumel in Mexico, and Isla de Roatan in Honduras.
MSC Cruises’ CEO, Gianni Onorato, expressed enthusiasm about this development, stating, “This is the latest step in our strategy to continue growing our U.S. footprint. With operations already underway from our third U.S. home port in New York City, we are excited to add Galveston alongside PortMiami and Port Canaveral. This expansion allows us to bring our newest and most innovative ships closer to guests in central and western U.S., as well as international travelers through Houston’s well-connected airport hub.”
The MSC Seascape, a marvel of modern cruise engineering, is set to enhance the family cruising experience. It boasts 7,500 square feet of dedicated kids’ facilities, including two LEGO® rooms, three unique teen spaces, a VR 360° Flight Simulator, VR motorcycles, and the thrilling MSC Formula Racer. One of the ship’s standout attractions is the ROBOTRON, a state-of-the-art robotic arm ride that promises an adrenaline-packed adventure.
In addition to the onboard experiences, MSC Cruises offers a diverse range of shore excursions. These include exploring ancient Mayan ruins, snorkeling over shipwrecks, enjoying glass-bottom boat rides, and visiting local museums. These activities are designed to immerse guests in the rich culture and vibrant beauty of the Caribbean’s coastal destinations.
The introduction of MSC Seascape in Galveston is a testament to MSC Cruises’ commitment to the U.S. market. It not only enhances the brand’s presence in the country but also contributes to the local economy of Galveston and the broader region. This move is expected to attract a significant number of international and domestic tourists, further cementing MSC Cruises’ position as a leading player in the global cruise industry.
MSC Seascape Itinerary Highlights include:
- Costa Maya, Mexico – Home to the ancient Chacchoben and Kohunlich Mayan Ruins, guests can uncover Costa Maya’s 4,000-year history, the story of the Mayan population, and thriving wildlife with guided tours from the ocean to the jungle. On the Jaguar Truck, guests can immerse themselves in nature as they journey through rainforests to explore an open Mexican cenote.
- Isla de Roatan – Off the coast of Honduras is Ilsa de Roatan, a largely untouched island known for its incredible barrier reef. Guests will find white sand beaches, shipwreck snorkeling tours and glass bottom boat excursions. For the more adventurous traveller, guides offer an extensive hiking and archaeology tour through the ancient world of Mayan culture and the capital city of Coxen Hole.
- Cozumel, Mexico – Globally recognized for its incredible diving excursions, Cozumel offers snorkeling trips through an ancient Mayan cave, clear bottomed Kayaking and snorkeling and up-close-and-personal experiences with dolphins, manatees, and other wildlife. Guests interested in a robust learning experience can take part in tours of the city or nearby Mayan Ruins.
The MSC Seascape offers a captivating experience, seamlessly connecting guests to the sea through its elegant design and expansive outdoor areas, perfect for relaxation, dining, and entertainment.
Key features of the MSC Seascape
- Advanced onboard entertainment technologies, such as ROBOTRON – an exhilarating ride that combines the excitement of a rollercoaster at sea with a personalized DJ music experience.
- Six extraordinary theatre productions and 98 hours of unique onboard entertainment, incorporating interactive elements for an awe-inspiring experience.
- A vast 7,567 square feet area dedicated to children’s activities and state-of-the-art amusements, catering to age groups from 0 to 17.
- The ship houses 2,270 cabins, offering 12 different types of suites and staterooms with balconies, including the iconic aft suites found on all Seaside class ships.
- Guests can enjoy 11 dining venues and 19 bars and lounges, many of which offer ‘Al Fresco’ dining and drinking experiences.
- The ship features six swimming pools, including a breathtaking aft infinity pool that offers stunning ocean views.
- One of the most opulent MSC Yacht Club facilities in the MSC Cruises’ fleet is present on the MSC Seascape, spanning approximately 32,000 square feet with exclusive space and panoramic ocean views from the front of the ship.
- An impressive 1,772-foot-long waterfront promenade brings guests closer to the ocean.
- The ship boasts a remarkable glass-floored Bridge of Sighs at deck 16, providing a unique and stunning view of the sea.