In light of the on-going Coronavirus Disease (COVID-19) situation, Enterprise Singapore (ESG) and the Singapore Tourism Board (STB) have rolled out the SG Clean quality mark to the tourism and lifestyle sectors.
The SG Clean quality mark will focus on certifying establishments that experience heavy human traffic on a daily basis, such as shopping malls, hotels, tourist attractions, conference venues, preschools, schools and transport nodes.
Over the next few months, ESG and STB will encourage more than 37,000 businesses within the tourism and lifestyle sectors to sign up for the SG Clean certification programme.
The SG Clean campaign is a government effort to rally businesses and the public to uphold good sanitation standards and hygiene practices.
Over the next two months, STB aims to audit and certify 570 hotels, attractions, and other tourism establishments.
It is hoped this will give locals and visitors peace of mind to go out and enjoy all that Singapore has to offer and to show support to our tourism businesses and workers during this challenging time.”
To be certified, businesses will go through a seven-point checklist tailored to the requirements and operations in the various sectors.
- the appointment of an SG Clean manager to oversee the establishment’s practices
- temperature and health screening of employees
- arrangements for engagement of external personnel such as suppliers and contractors
- implementation of cleanliness and hygiene practices, as well as
- complying with health and travel advisories, guidelines and government orders on COVID-19.
ESG and STB have appointed qualified, independent assessment organisations to certify that participating establishments have met these requirements, and continue to maintain these practices.