The U.S. Travel Association announced an inaugural class of 22 Emerging Travel Leaders representing a diverse cross-section of industry representatives.
This new program was created to expand the exposure, knowledge and capabilities of rising travel leaders as they build careers in the travel and tourism field.
The 2022 Emerging Travel Leaders class is:
- Amanda Baker, Visit North Carolina
- Katherine Barnes, IDEMIA
- Travis Binkley, Visit Orlando
- Christian Cadle, Los Angeles Tourism & Convention Board
- Susana Carraza, Disneyland
- Megan Conway, Travel Portland
- Amelia Deluca, Delta Air Lines
- Lorne Edwards, Visit Phoenix
- Maria Fabregat, Disney Signature Experiences
- Jennifer Haber, Wyndham Hotels & Resorts
- Petra Hackworth, Travel Oregon
- Drew Hays, Visit Austin
- Christina Heggie, Google
- Connie Kinnard, Greater Miami Convention & Visitors Bureau
- Mia Landrin, Carnival Cruise Line
- Robin McClain, Destination DC
- Jacob Pewitt Yancey, VISIT FLORIDA
- Dawson Pritchett, Visit Lauderdale
- Alix Skelpsa Ridgway, Arizona Office of Tourism
- Taylor Stanley, Visit Lake Charles
- Keith Stiff, Universal Orlando Resort
- Armine Terzyan, Associated Luxury Hotels International
The program advances an objective included in the National Chair’s Platform, led by U.S. Travel Association National Chair and Carnival Cruise Line President Christine Duffy, to spur the development of a diverse, equitable and inclusive industry to lead travel into the future.
“One of the key facets of U.S. Travel’s long-term vision is to strengthen our workforce by identifying areas for career advancement and upward mobility,” said Roger Dow, U.S. Travel Association President and CEO.
“By launching a program that intentionally provides access to highly skilled professionals and premier events, we are forging the next generation of leaders who will shape a dynamic and diverse future for travel.”
The Emerging Travel Leaders will participate in a year-long program of immersive experiences at U.S. Travel events, including at spring and fall board meetings, Destination Capitol Hill, and at a fall advocacy conference where they will connect with industry leaders and gain an understanding of U.S. Travel’s mission, values and culture. The program also provides U.S. Travel board members an opportunity to engage with developing and diverse talents.
Chairman’s Circle members of U.S. Travel’s board of directors are eligible to participate in the Emerging Travel Leaders program. Nominees were selected by the board’s Governance Committee.
An overview of the Emerging Travel Leaders program and a list of the 2022 class is available here.