“The Future of Travel” is the theme for the International Travel Show (ITS2022) in New York City. This event is the successor to the New York Times Travel Show, last held in 2020, and is currently the only major travel show of its kind.
The International Travel Show is presented by Travel + Leisure GO and sponsored by Brazilian Tourist Board, MSC Cruises and I Love NY and takes place at the Javits Center from Friday, Oct. 28 to Sunday, Oct. 30, 2022. Friday is reserved exclusively for the travel industry and Saturday and Sunday are open to all travelers.
ITS2022 is filled with lively and informative programming designed for consumers to explore the theme of “The Future of Travel” and discover great destinations to fulfill their travel needs. The show features an exhibition of hundreds of destinations and trips as well as cultural presentations, travel seminars, culinary presentations, travel deals and giveaways, and fun for families and friends of all ages and interests.
Exhibitors from around the world will provide information about their travel products and destinations. Attendees can meet with exhibitors including Royal Caribbean Cruises, Bahamas Tourism, Wonderful Indonesia, KwaZulu-Natal Tourism, Visit Fort Lauderdale, Travel +Leisure GO, Celebrity Cruises, Palace Resorts, MSC Cruises, Brazilian Tourism, Ghana Tourism and many more. The exhibition also will feature “Spotlight On New York,” which includes a New York Pavilion featuring New York destinations and attractions, presented and sponsored by I Love New York in conjunction with NYC & Company and the New York State Tourism Industry Association.
Among scheduled presentations are the Taste of the World Theatre presented by Doug Duda, host of the A&E International TV series The Well-Seasoned Traveler, with chefs from around the world cooking up culinary presentations, as well as two Cultural Stages on the show floor with exhibiting countries presenting authentic and exciting cultural performances from across the globe.
The annual charity auction of the Caribbean Hotel & Tourism Association Education Foundation is sure to be a highlight, adding edge-of-one’s-seat excitement for attendees, with opportunity to bid on dozens of Caribbean hotel vacations with proceeds going to fund scholarships and training for Caribbean hospitality industry professionals. There will also be giveaways and travel deals from dozens of exhibiting companies.
Multiple travel seminars will engage and inform consumers on the essentials of travel planning. Speakers will include travel experts Pauline Frommer, Patricia Schultz, Darley Newman, Nancy Barkley, Denella Ri’chard, Bob Guccione, Zita Keeley and representatives from leading travel companies. Seminars include:
- Keynote Panel Sessions feature crystal ball-like advice on “How Top Travel Experts See Travel in 2023”.
- The Cruise Track offers expert advice on everything from “How to Choose the Right Cruise” to “How to Experience the Hottest New Expedition Cruises.”
- The Meet the Experts Track features recognized travel experts who really know travel covering “Exploring the World of Wellness Travel,” “Where to Honeymoon and Wed Around the World” and more.
- The Traveling Better Track offers valuable insights on “How to Find the Best Vacation Ownership Home,” “What You Need to Know About Flying Today,” and more.
- The Destinations Track will point to where to travel and how, including “Where to Go in the Caribbean,” “Where to Go Now in Europe” and “How to Discover the Middle East and Africa.”
- The Resorts Track offers a peek at new hotels and resorts in such sessions as “What to Look for in a Luxury Hotel” and “How to Pick the Perfect All-Inclusive.”
The Government Resources Center, sponsored by the Transportation Security Administration (TSA), will also be a must-visit for consumers, with a timesaving opportunity for all attendees to enroll in the TSA PreCheck Program just by attending the International Travel Show.
Attendee Registration for consumers is now open at the International Travel Show website at https://www.nyinternationaltravelshow.com/