- Özgür Töre
With engagement season right around the corner, lovebirds seeking to celebrate their next big milestone should look no further than Riviera Nayarit in Mexico’s Pacific coast.
Regarded as Mexico’s “Pacific Treasure” and home to world-class luxury brands, family-friendly all-inclusives, intimate boutique properties and everything in between, the eclectic destination offers one-of-a-kind wedding venues for romantic couples getting ready to say “I do.”
Below are five spectacular venues that promise a paradisiacal backdrop for brides and grooms of all tastes and budgets:
- The locally-inspired setting - Couples in search of a colorful wedding venue inspired by local culture will love W Punta de Mita. The luxurious property’s design pays homage to Riviera Nayarit’s indigenous Huichol community. Couples can wed beachside, with a garden view, or at the hotel’s signature Camino Huichol walkway, with endless artistic decorations to choose from such as papel picado folk art, luche libre masks and mariachi instruments. After the ceremony, a wedding feast with bold Mexican flavors catered to their taste will await.
- The cliffside location - Grand in vision yet intimate in nature, the Relais & Chateaux property Imanta Resorts offers an exquisitely romantic and unspoiled wedding venue due to its unique location in the Sierra de Vallejo national biosphere reserve. Couples can tie-the-knot at Imanta’s cliffside Tukipa restaurant or for a more traditional setting, the private beach glows with lanterns after sunset. From casas and casonas with private infinity pools to canyons and diverse wildlife surrounding the hotel, a wedding ceremony at Imanta promises memories that will last a lifetime.
- The intimate island - Lovers seeking ultimate seclusion can wed on Playa del Amor in Banderas Bay, just off the coast of Riviera Nayarit. Offered exclusively to guests of Grand Velas Riviera Nayarit, lovebirds are whisked away to “Lover’s Beach” by catamaran and joined by a minister to officiate. If not eloping, friends and family can watch the ceremony from the catamaran via drone livestream. Canapés and champagne are served on the ride back to the hotel, where a special reception with wedding cake, live music and top-notch cuisine awaits.
- The lush garden - Natural beauty takes center stage at eco-friendly boutique hotel Maraica, in the region’s cultural capital San Pancho. The property is surrounded by jungle and home to a beautiful garden and palapa, the ideal venue for couples who love nature. Weddings at Maraica’s garden can cater up to 200 guests and include banquet service with fresh local products, a testament to Maraica’s commitment to supporting the local community.
- The oceanfront gazebo – Lovebirds yearning for the ultimate romantic wedding experience can opt for the oceanfront gazebo at the luxury all-inclusive Hard Rock Hotel Vallarta. Overlooking the region’s Banderas Bay, this gazebo promises a traditional ceremony with timeless beauty and can accommodate up to 50 guests. Smaller events such as welcome dinners, cocktail receptions and after parties can be hosted in the ballroom, outdoor terraces, beach or garden.
In addition to unmatched wedding locations, the destination’s diverse global cuisine, endless opportunities to commune with nature and Mexican culture, and easy connectivity from most major U.S. and Canadian cities to Gustavo Diaz Ordaz International Airport, are just a few of the reasons why Riviera Nayarit is the picture-perfect destination for brides and grooms-to-be.